Half Hour House is 4* English Tourist Board Accredited Accommodation
within 30 minutes of the lovely North Norfolk coast
We offer comfortable modern quality accommodation for 2 people
in the market town of Fakenham
On the River Wensum…
Fakenham is an historic Norfolk market town situated on the River Wensum approximately half way between the old Hanseatic port of Kings Lynn and the cathedral city of Norwich, Norfolk’s county capital.
The town centre hosts a busy Thursday weekly market and monthly farmers market on the fourth Saturday of each month.
The award-winning market square features an interesting floor display around the war memorial representing the town’s historic association with the printing trade.
Both markets feature stalls selling fresh local produce and Thursday also includes a flea market.
Fakenham is ideally situated to visit the North Norfolk coast, which is a designated Nature Reserve and a range of popular visitor attractions including:
- Pensthorpe Waterfowl Park
- Fakenham Racecourse and Golf course
- The unique Museum of Gas and local history
- The Thursford Collection (steam engines, fairground carousels and the largest Christmas Spectacular Show in England)
- Sandringham House, Holkham Hall, Blickling Hall (NT) and Felbrigg (NT).
- Cley Marshes - home to a range of interesting birds very popular with visitors – accommodation near to a range of RSPB sites of interest
Fakenham also offers a range of restaurants and takeaways, pubs and a cinema plus three supermarkets – everything for your daily needs.
- Once again we have thoroughly enjoyed our break at your "home from home" – Mr & Mrs N North Wales (Jan 2014)
- Thank you for making our stay in Fakenham such a pleasure – J&J Nottingham (Feb 2014)
- Thanks for a great 2 week stay - much looking forward to our return in September – W&P Romford Essex (April 2014)
- We've spent a super week here in Half Hour House . Clean cosy comfortable and so convenient for the coast
Hope you'll have us back – (May 2014)
- What a fantastic week! - walking wildlife weather bird watching - Half Hour House perfect we could not have asked for more – Mr & Mrs M Staffordshire, (June 2014)
- Top Notch accommodation - all you could need for a perfect self catering holiday – Mr & Mrs E Lincolnshire
Visit England comments from Inspection Visit January 2015 (latest)
Cleanliness: 5 star
“Open plan apartment with attentive owners who extend a warm welcome. Guests are left a welcome tray with wine snacks and scones included It is the little touches that extend the feeling of hospitality”